Keeping Your Accounts Safe,
At Crescent Bank, we take the security of your accounts seriously. For online transactions, we employ state-of-the-art network security controls such as firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Devices. Our website is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to ensure your sensitive information is protected, and Crescent Bank uses authentication controls for our website and applications in accordance with federal banking guidelines. Furthermore, all employees are required to participate in regular security awareness training.
Our customers also play an important role in keeping their accounts safe. To ensure the security of your account, you should:
- Never write down or share your user name, password, or security questions with anyone.
- Beware of suspicious e-mails or unsolicited phone calls asking for your account information.
- Use unique, strong passwords that are not easily guessed. Don’t use birth dates, family names, or pet names. Secure passwords use a combination of lower-case letters, uppercase-letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Always make sure to log out and close your browser completely when you are done with your online banking session.
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer and regularly update them. Perform frequent scans of your computer. Protect your computer with a firewall.
- Learn how to protect yourself from scams and identity theft with these security resources.