Accounts/Payable Administrator-Harahan, LA-#2185
***Please click the link below to apply online***
This position reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. Primary duties include reviewing expense invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment through the Accounts Payable Financial System, generating Accounts Payable transactions and posting to the general ledger, preparing journal entries, matching invoices to checks and distributing checks accordingly, resolve vendor inquiries and statements, MISC-1099 compliance, data entry, and special projects as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager and Controller
- High school and/or college level education with 2+ years Accounts Payable experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, 10-key by touch and have basic knowledge of applicable accounting/general ledger systems and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, detail oriented, and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Reliable, a self-starter and the ability to work independently as well as a team player in a fast-paced, high volume environment with extreme emphasis on accuracy and timeliness while keeping company information confidential.
- The ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.