***Please click the link below to apply online***
Job Description: This individual will be an integral member of the Financial Planning & Pricing and Profitability team within the Portfolio Management group. This individual will have primary responsibility for developing, testing, monitoring and recommending improvements to internal pricing models as well as develop strategies that will improve profitability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Uses a proprietary model to calculate the profitability of various business segments within the Indirect Automobile line of business and runs scenarios analyzing the tradeoffs between risk and return.
• Maintains and enhances the profit model to make it more robust, dynamic and more reflective of the current operating environment and conditions.
• Develops ways to incorporate new delinquency curves, loss curves, prepayment curves, deferment curves and findings from a cost study into the model in order to enhance its accuracy and usability.
• Analyzes the tradeoff between pricing and volume and how this relationship impacts overall profits and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes origination and portfolio statistics to identify pockets of risk or opportunity and develops proactive strategies that assist in mitigating risk exposure or exploiting profit potential.
• Proposes new pricing strategies to help the company grow in the most profitable and efficient manner.
• Identifies opportunities to enhance all modeling and reporting processes and lead efforts to identify issues, recommend improvements, gain management approval, communicate impact and implement change. Other Functions: - Special projects as requested. - Performs other duties as assigned.
• The candidate should hold a bachelors degree and have 5 years related experience in Finance or Business Line Strategy; minimum 2-3 years of experience in pricing and performance reporting.
• Solid understanding of financial analytics, return on asset drivers and concepts associated with pricing models and performance reporting.
• Strong analytical and model development skills and advanced knowledge of Excel and data mining tools such as SQL and Crystal Reports.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cash flow modeling, delinquency and loss modeling, activity based cost accounting, and risk based pricing concepts; auto finance
• A focus on delivering exceptional internal customer service, proactive communication and follow-up.
• Demonstrated experience building long-term relationships with strategic business partners.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as function within a team environment.
• Effective verbal and communication skills.
• Project and time management skills. Specifically the ability to execute project plans across diverse teams in order to successfully meet corporate objectives.